Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Shame on me...

My mom called me today because on the news in SLC there was a Mother that rolled over on her baby that was 3 1/2 months old and killed it while they were sleeping, but that isn't the worst part, this same family did it to their 24 day old baby 3 years earlier. So now they are being prosecuted.
www.sltrib.com/ci_8345915
So this all relates to me, because I am baby sleep with me kinda mom.... Shame on me, I am more scared of her getting cold then me rolling on her. But anyways, I am going to try to have her in the bassanet tonight! Because I dont want anything to happen like that to us. HOW SCARY!!

5 comments:

smiliesar said...

How sad and scary! I hope that your LO will sleep okay by herself. You could try to sleep with a blanket and have her sleep with it too so that she can still smell you. Good Luck!

Wolfley Family said...

We've been following the story a little bit... there are a lot of people who don't think the courts should have any right to prosecute her... I don't know what I think yet, but it's really sad that this family has done this twice with all the info that's out there... good luck on the transition with Sadie

Josh and Leslie said...

Me and Josh always used a "contour" pillow to lay Sawyer in between us. It's the perfect fit for babies! Then the baby is on a raised surface and you tend to lean on the outside of the pillow and not onto the baby...I passed the pillow onto my sister and she loved it as well.

Guh said...

SO scarry!

Anonymous said...

WOw, that is really scary...crazy!