Friday, October 16, 2009

Halloween=Monster Munch!

I received some of this today from a friend with a Halloween Costume Party invite!!
Ohhh it is soooo good!!!
Since I have lived here I have been going to my friends Halloween party and it is soo fun! But I am stuck- I don't know what to wear- The first year I got creative and made this... (I was even 8 months prego)Last year I don't really remember what I did, I know the kids were animals and I don't even think I dressed up... So if any of you thinkers out there have any good idea for me for a family theme that I could make- you know because I have no $$ then sent your ideas my way! I love Halloween and dressing up cant wait!! here is the delish Monster munch recipe:

Monster Munch
{Halloween Popcorn Mix}
Recipe by Our Best Bites

1 package Almond Bark (1 lb)
12 C popped popcorn (about 1/2 C kernels or 2 bags of microwave popcorn)
1 C candy corn
1 C dry roasted, salted peanuts
1/2 C Reeces Pieces

Pop popcorn and place in a large bowl. Much larger than you think you need. The largest you have. It will make mixing easier! Pour peanuts, candy corn, and reeces pieces on top.

Take a large knife and break up almond bark. Melt according to package directions. I just chop it up a little and microwave it in intervals until smooth and melted. Pour over popcorn mixture.

Stir until everything is well coated and then spread out onto waxed paper, parchment, or foil. Let sit until completely dry and then break up into clumps. Super Easy!

6 comments:

Haley and Jon said...

You guys could be the flinstones. That would be fun.0 The popcorn looks yummy!

smiliesar said...

A s'more: two are gram crackers, one a chocolate bar, one a marshmallow.

Alisha said...

You hardly look pregnant in that picture. Wasn't Sadie born just a couple of weeks later? Wow.

Emily said...

Oh, Flintstones could be cute. But I really like your Superhero idea!

McDermott 5 said...

i think you should make capes for you and erik too and go as super hereos
the super arters mkae your own little incredibles family
love aunt peggy

Andrea said...

tina, I bought all the material for wilma flinstone, and fred flinstone. I was going to make it.. super easy.. it was only 15 for all fabric, I still have some { I returned some of it.} let me know.. I have the blue, { for freds tie} and the black felt, for the black spots on freds calftent..lol