Friday, October 23, 2009

Half Marathon



(Brian F Conaghan photography- thanks for letting me steal it)

So realized I never posted about my run. It was so fun, and totally would love to do another one, two or three! My time, well not so good, It all started out good until about 1/2 mile in, I hear people yell bees, so about that time I get a huge stinging pain in the back of my right leg right below my knee then another one above the knee, so as I am running trying to shake these bees off, ANOTHER one stings me in my right arm. These were like CRAZY bees ok yellow jackets and every 5 minutes I thought I was getting stung again and again. But I kept going, the trail was crazy it was a eyes down the whole time so you weren't tripping kind of trail. And it was up, down, up, down, the whole time. It was pretty but I couldn't really enjoy the view unless I wanted to land on my face. But I enjoyed it! all 14.2 miles of it! I will just say I didnt meet my goal of 2 hours. but my next one will be!! It was fun to train and run with my friend Heather, we both pushed eachother! and got asked if we were sisters by a few people! Our friend took all the pictures of us and I havent gotten them from her yet, so Im glad I could steal this one! 

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Way to go! What an acheviement!
I ran a tri-when I was 19.. I would love to be in shape again to run. 14+ miles is a lot! Great JOB!
Love your new blog..

Alisha said...

So cool! I'm impressed you guys did that trail run! (Did you ever try out the springwater trail route?)

Bees??? I never heard about that. That's crazy!! I would have quit right then and there. I'm a wimp that way.

Jess and Eli said...

Very impressive! Nice job!

Rachel said...

You're amazing! I don't think I could ever do that!

Kylie said...

The bee stings make you an iron woman in my mind! I'm very impressed.

Janeece said...

Way to go lil sis! I am so proud of you! I am running a tri in 3 weeks...what am I thinking!? How bad is this...I am bribing myself with seeing NM at midnight...well so far it is working and as for me coming in under 2 hours...I just want to finish in one piece! Can't wait to see more pics!Love ya!