Friday, May 2, 2008

Have you ever wondered?

So Erik came home from school and told us we were going to have a family date night he even said it had a name. So I was excited because usually we drive around and look for somewhere to eat and by the end of the night we are bugged at each other because we are so indecisive! So we ate at home and we got in the car and he said "Have you ever wondered... Which is better TCBY or Baskin Robbins? " and I said yes we wondered that last time we went for ice cream. So we went to TCBY and got 1 cup Chocolate Peanut butter Truffle and went over to Baskin Robbins and got Peanut Butter 'n Chocolate and we he have at home Breyers Reese's ice cream and I totally loved TCBY I don't know if I just didn't think that I would because it is in a run down looking place or what, but that is the one I liked the best! And it is even the healthiest! Yay for yogurt!
And if only it was yesterday we could have gotten the 31cent ice cream at Baskin Robbins!

So after that he asked me if I wonder anything else, and I said "I wonder where the best place is to get a camera?" so we went to Best Buy and Radio Shack well I wish I could say I have a camera but I cant, I think we have made our way in to Best Buy to look about 3 time but we always think we are going to get a better deal, but I would defiantly say Best Buy was better- Anyways we are trying to decide what we need right now. I want a big nice one but really we dont have the money for the one I want, and I was thinking there is this one my friend has that is drop prof, freeze prof- Just in case it gets put in the freezer... And water prof which would be sweet to take pictures of Ethan in the pool this year! So I need some advice from all you pro's out there, Do I get the kid prof one that is about 280 and then when we actually have money get the supper nice one, or do I just breakdown and get the semi-nice but better zoom one that is like 350ish? I just want a camera!

The family date was great, it was just nice to get out of the house for the first time this week- And I was just happy that Erik was on the ball and planed something because I usually just go get a redbox movie and call it good! Thanks for thinking outside the norm babe!

7 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Obvoiusly I am an advocate for spending a little money--and don't think my camera was tons...it wasn't. But I think a nicer quality is SO important! It catches your pics the BEST for preserving them!! I suggest going to a camera store--an actual camera store. Like Inkleys, Dodd CAMERA, or Ritz camera, or Wolf camera...you must have SOMETHING. :) They are so helpful in helping you pick out even a lower cost with the best features. SOOOOO much better than the big-box stores!

Hope you find something soon!

The Welch's said...

you should also check walmart online. a lot of the time they are cheaper there (they carry a lot of the same ones as best buy) and walmart on line will have them cheaper than what wal mart has in the store. at least it was that way when we bought my moms digital camera and when we bought our camcorder. ps i got her socks at jc penneys they are the okie dokie brand

JT42 said...

TCBY all the way! :) and I agree with rachel h.-you should go to an actual camera store, that's where i got mine and i have no regrets!

smiliesar said...

I would buy the nice one! You can always have me over to take pics in the pool. I have both but the nice one for now and then get the other one later! Preserve those awesome smiling faces.

Thanks for the comparison. Too bad Kevin hates Yogurt! I love TCBY but he is a Dryer's man through and through. Thanks for the tip on the 31 cent scoops. We had to wait in line but it was nice to have a yummy ice cream cone for cheap!

Guh said...

go for zoom.

seriously, i wish my camera had better zoom... course, i don't have kids. My sister got a brand new camera for cmas and within the month it had duct-tape holding the batteries in... so maybe the kid-proof one. i hate getting new things and having them break.

Sarah Stout said...

Hey Tina! So glad to find YOUR blog. I loved the quote from President Hinckley about why you blog. It makes me want to as good at journal writing as I used to! :) I'm glad to be able to catch up on the happenings in your life!

About the camera situation... just so you know, water proof cameras don't last as long and do NOT take as good of pictures as do normal point-and-shoot digital cameras. My family got me a Nikon CoolPics from Costco for Christmas and it was a good deal (probably $200 or so), but takes wonderful pictures! I'd go for a cheaper camera for now that will still take good pictures, but then get a nicer one a few years when the kids are older and there is less chance that it could get broken, lost, or stolen. (That happened TWICE to my sister with her NICE camera... four kids, get ya every time.)

Alisha said...

Hooray for TCBY! I worked there as a teenager. I still love it. Sounds like a great family date to me!