Sunday, January 25, 2009

Answered prayers




So this is where I have been, I have been in search of a sewing machine since mine broke before Christmas. And on Christmas morning my sweet heart surprised me with a sewing machine, he did great, it just didn't do everything I needed it to. So when we got to Portland I went to every store to find what I needed, and of course all of them were WAY over our price range, so I turned to Craigs list.
So thank you good man, I saw this add for this Baby Lock that is priced at the stores for 1300 on sale for 995, and he had it listed for 300 so I get in contact with him hoping its just a really nice rich guy and not stolen or something. Well as you can see HE WAS A VERY NICE GUY!! Not that a 1300 dollar machine was enough he asked if I needed a serger! So I got it for 100 along with more then 100$ in notions and treads and everything he piled on all for 400 total!! He was so nice, it was his hobby last year now he is moving on to painting.
He gave me the receipts for them he bought them last year, they both look and sew like new!! I am still just soooo excited, this machine can do everything- it treads the needle and even cuts the tread when your done sewing, it has 178 different stitches with 3 alphabet. So this is where I have been. Playing and having so much fun with both my new machines!!
My prayers were answered 10 fold.

Now my friend Emily has to teach me how to use a serger!!

5 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

That is SO awesome! I am so happy for you--Icant wait to see all the awesome things you will create with it!

Alisha said...

Yeah!!! I'm so excited for you! (And to see what you create!!)

Alisha said...

So cool! What a steal! I can never find deals that good!

smiliesar said...

That is so awesome!! I'm so happy for you. What a great deal.

Sarah Stout said...

Nice! That is so exciting! :)