Saturday, August 2, 2008

What....25!!

Wow, did I ever get a surprise for my birthday! Well it all started on Thurs. My Mother-in-law took me to get a dress for my birthday she knew that is what I wanted, so after I found me a dress we drove home and Erik was sitting on the porch waiting for me, and they said I couldn't go downstairs and that we were going out to Eat with one of his friends. So they took me inside and left me in the kitchen they told me I couldn't go anywhere but there. So in my head I was getting really kinda mad because I was planing on doing all my deep cleaning Friday morning just in case anything was going on. So anyways Erik said "Ok were ready lets go". So we were with Mike his friend and we were going to go pick up his wife at work in Portland and just eat there, So we pick her up and then we go to Panda express and I'm like Ok- not really what I was expecting but whatever. So he's like "well go ahead and eat now, ya that will be good. " So I kinda thought well now we are going back to our house for a pool party, and I was trying to start acting like I should be surprised. But then he missed our exit, and so Im like hunny what are you doing? And then he is starting to drive towards the falls, but Sadie started crying like the deep cry of FEED ME NOW so Im like ok you need to get off here!!! So he pulls off the exit and Im like "Whats going on anyways???" And Erik said, "Besides me and the kids who do you love the most that you want to spend your birthday with???" and Im like thinking ummm........ "My Family", and he said "OK, we are on our way!" And at the moment I didn't even smile because I did not believe him for the life of me, it was 7:30 on Thursday night and I was not about to even think about a 12 hour drive and I knew he had school, a test, and work to do! So Im like nut-hu!!! no-way!! I couldn't believe it at all!! But I said, Hunny "I have to teach on Sunday!" He's like got it covered! So anyways 12 hours later 8:30 a.m. because we gained an hour we arrive in Preston!! And the best part was it is RODEO WEEKEND! (This is a huge thing in our little town, Ok the only think our little town looks forward to all year long!!) Can you believe my sweet hunny packed up Ethan, Sadie and my clothes and everything we needed for the weekend!!

Oh~ I just just love him!! He dun good!!

So here I am just got home from the Rodeo and it just turned 12 so I am now 25! WOW!!

17 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Happy Birthday! CRAZY SURPRISE! What a great husband! You deserved it~!

Wolfley Family said...

That is so AWESOME!! We live about as far as that from my family - I would be so surprised if Greg did that! Hope you have a good visit at home :)

Haley and Jon said...

Happy Birthday Tina! I hope you had fun in Preston. We need to get together!

geraldandmeganlove said...

What a great suprise!!! Your husband did do good. I am looking forward to going home on the 14th of this month. Kyle is getting married and I get to go home for it. Family is the best!!!

Josh and Leslie said...

I wondered where you guys were today! What a great birthday surprise for you! Have a great time and we'll see you when you get home!!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday! I was looking for you all over at church!

Loridee said...

Happy Birthday!! That's awesome of your man!! What a memorable birthday for you!!!

Guh said...

I approve! THAT is so cool of him!

Good JOB Erik!

Happy 25 Tina!

Lana Knapp said...

It was so good to see you and Becky. I wish we all lived close so we could hang out. Hope you had a great Birthday. Your husband is awesome!

Yeehaw said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! I'm looking forward to all the pictures of your adventures in Preston!

smiliesar said...

Yeah!!! I'm so glad you got be home on your birthday. What a sweet husband you have...but you already knew that. Enjoy your time with your family.

Alisha said...

I wondered where you were at church today . . . now I know! Fun stuff!! Happy Birthday to you!

Sue said...

Good times! Miss you,
Love Mom & Becky

Child Family said...

That is great!! What a great husband. I hope that you had a great birthday, and it would be hard to miss rodeo weekend.

Caranna said...

Wow, what an awesome husband! That would be the best surprise ever! I can't believe you guys drove all night long!
I don't know what I would have done if I were you! But that makes me smile.

The Marshall's said...

WOW!!! That is so cute. What a awesome husband:) Hope you had a good birthday.

Maurice said...

I didn't know you were in Portland! We're moving there in a few weeks. My family is from there and we finally got a job there as we've been hoping quite a while for! Woohoo! Well, we'll be in Hillsboro, so if you're near, we should get together sometime. Let me know! And... Happy Birthday!!!