Monday, August 11, 2008

Such Faith

Last night we couldnt find Ethan scriptures (which are the scriptures with pictures of the Book for Mormon Stories). He looks at me with the most serious face and says "mom, we need to pray and ask Heavanly Father to help us look for them." So he says his prayer and then I said now what do we do? and he said, "now we have to look and sing this song.. "Where are the scriptures where are the scriptures, and then find them." Last week he did the same thing about one of his cars he was looking for. He has such faith. Both times we have found it and it has been after we had prayed for help to find them.

He is teaching me so much, I really need to have more faith. Last week I was helping out a family who was investigating the church, I was watching there kids for 3 days. And the whole time I was complaining, way more then I should... Why is it that we pray to be missionary's and to serve but then when I get asked to serve I complain the whole time. Well, I just feel really bad because this family called us tonight and said they are going to be attending another church. So it makes me feel bad that I could have been more chipper and happier to be helping them out and being a good example for the time I was there. I just feel really sad about this, I wish they knew how amazing this gospel is, and how much joy it brings into our lives. I do know without a doubt that this is the one true church, and that if we just ask our Heavenly Father if it is true He will answer. I am so grateful that Ethan already counts on our Heavenly Father to help him. He is my example and he gets that from his dad, and I am so thankful for them.

5 comments:

Sarah Stout said...

What a sweet experience you were able to have! Thanks for sharing it and teaching us all a lesson in faith!

Janeece said...

Out of the mouths of babes!! SO sweet! If only we were as trusting and had as much faith as our little ones eh?

Alisha said...

Good for Ethan--a real JMM! And that's too bad abt the family deciding to go to another church. Sigh. I always remember the words of a GA who came to our stake conference a few years ago . . . he said, "If you have offered the gospel, you haven't failed." You did a lot of good for their family, Tina! They will remember that.

Emily said...

You don't give yourself enough credit. I would have talked myself out of offering to watch the kids in the first place. So you are a step ahead sista!

Guh said...

hey tina,

i sent you and invite for my blog now that it is private but i'm not sure if you got it. Anyway, if you'd like an invite leave your email address in a comment at daisiesintheraininvite.blogspot.com and i'll be sure to get you invited!

thanks!
angela