Thursday, December 20, 2007

Count your many Blessings!

Erik and I are doing this thing each week where we pick a topic to study, this week I picked blessings. I have had so many blessings this month that I had to pick this topic. If any of you remember the talk given at conference by President Henry B. Eyring when he said this after he was prompted to write things down,"I wrote down a few lines every day for years. I never missed a day no matter how tired I was or how early I would have to start the next day. Before I would write, I would ponder this question: “Have I seen the hand of God reaching out to touch us or our children or our family today?” As I kept at it, something began to happen. As I would cast my mind over the day, I would see evidence of what God had done for one of us that I had not recognized in the busy moments of the day. As that happened, and it happened often, I realized that trying to remember had allowed God to show me what He had done." So my new goal is to do this, and I have so much to be thankful for. We have been given so much, we have new couches that I am baby-sitting for, and a friend gave us a way nice camera that we were so in need of. So it is nice to feel like we got a christmas! And we are blessed with great grandparents and parents that are helping us pay for the way home so that I can be home for christmas! Woowhooee

2 comments:

geraldandmeganlove said...

I have been doing that for the last couple of months since I heard that talk. It was a good talk and I have really seen a difference in my life since I have been keeping my gratitude journal. I know that the Lord blesses our family everyday.

The Woolner Family said...

That's so funny, I decided to do the same thing after I read that talk. I haven't been that good at it, but better than I used to be a journal keeping.