Wednesday, August 19, 2009

7 hour in ER to find out Ethan has..

Epididymitis?
Epididymitis you might ask?? Well if you are like me you wouldn't know what that meant at all- so here's the run down!

Yesterday morning Ethan says mom my P.P. hurts and I look and its a little red more in his scrotum area, I look for a bug bit and found nothing, he didn't want anything to touch it and asked me to say a prayer for him- He was fine for a few hours while I ran, then again he started crying about it and through out the day it was getting worse and worse and swelling a lot more. When Erik got home at 6 he took a look and said "Wow, I think we should call and ask someone about this" So we did and they said we should go in to the ER because his balls could be twisted. So there we were from 7 pm until 2 am this morning! Ethan got a ultra sound and a shot and has to go into his doc tomorrow. So basicly he has an infection in his scrotum and so he has to take prescription for the next 7 days but he is doing so much better today! I took some pictures of them both asleep in the hospital bed. So hopfully I can add those soon!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Ouch!! Poor little guy... what a place to be feeling some pain. Hope he feels better real soon!

BOLDTYPE said...

Yikes! I'm glad he is doing better so soon. Kids sure are resilient!

Dan n' Josie said...

Poor little guy, that is so cute he asked you to say a prayer for you.

Andrea said...

ouchy.. Hope the little guy is feeling better.. that's a long night indeed. Dont you just love the Er, I wish they could make it faster for the little kids..

Megan said...

Keep an eye on it, a little boy in our ward had this same thing and was prepped for surgery before blood flow returned. I know it can cause sterilization so be careful...but glad to hear that everything is turning out okay! :)