Sunday, November 9, 2008

Parenting with Love & Logic


We started a group where we are reading Parenting with Love and Logic, it is soooo good we had our first group get together. It was fun to talk about what we read. I am loving it and I have only read the first 4 chapters.
I got a little excited and made Ethan a chart and money, its just an up grade from his plain lines and stickers one. But he was excited about this one, so I laminated it and the money so it would last. So the goal is when he makes it up to the ctr ship he gets a buck and then he gets to buy something from the family treasure chest like cars, candy, any little toys.. (if anyone knows where to get a cute treasure chest, I am looking) Anyways this book is so great it just makes you want to do that much better.
I found the ship chart on SupperNanny.com and I cant remember where I found the money.

8 comments:

Sarah Stout said...

I studied "Teaching with Love and Logic" in college, but have always wanted to read "Parenting with Love and Logic." That's awesome that you guys are involved in a parenting group that is reading and discussing it together. It really helps to have the support of others.

Thanks for posting about this... it reminded me about the book and how much I want to read it before I have kids. Also, it's a great idea for a Christmas present for my sister who was just talking about this book, but doesn't have it.

Rachel Holloway said...

My dad teaches this class and has given us all the books. SUCH great resources. Glad you have found a way to work with them!

Becky Sue said...

Happy Birthday this week Sadie! We love you!

Yeehaw said...

That's awesome. Keep us posted on how it all goes!

Janeece said...

MY mom would be so proud! I think Jim Faye is pretty dang awesome and thanks for giving us the linkt where to find the cute chart!!

JT42 said...

you reminded me to go check the book out from the library! can't wait to hear your successes...by the way, I bet you could find something on oriental trading for a treasure chest or if you go to dollartree.com and find one you can have it shipped to your local store...

Rhonda Shaffer said...

Janeece is right, I am a big Jim Faye fan. I went to a conference 2 weeks ago in SLC and heard him in person. Have you signed up for the Love and Logic website? He has some great helps on it. I use his methods at school all the time!
Rhonda

melissa t. said...

I am so glad you are reading this book. I love Parenting with Love & Logic & Jim Faye! Jared & I took a class on it at the beginning of the year. It has worked wonders for us and Harrison.